On the Second Saturday of each month, Sister Bean’s Coffee House, 5225 New Cut Rd (across from Iroquois Park) donates 10% of their total sales to our mission to eradicate hunger. Sister Bean’s features gourmet coffee, Louisville Cream ice cream, and many other delicious treats. On October 10th, stop by anytime from 7 AM – 8 PM. Enjoy a great cup of coffee and support a worthy cause!Read More
Love the Hungry officially launched on September 1st with a new name, new meal, and a renewed mission to provide nutrient-rich meals that will alleviate and reverse the effects of malnutrition in young children. Here’s a few highlights from our first thirty days:
- Packaging Events sponsored by Northeast Christian Church, Kentucky AmeriCorps, Jackson-Jennings County Chapter of Thrivent Financial, U of L Student Activities Board, Aramark, Baptist Health, Supplies Over Seas, St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, Bellarmine University Nursing Students, Rullman-Hunger Funeral Home, and Crosby Middle School.
- 1,100+ volunteers participating in packaging events
- 200,000+ Nutri-Plenty™ meals packaged
- Celebrating 3,000,000 total meals packaged (Sept 19)
- 7,000 meals donated to Advent Hope Ministries – Kenya
- 20,000+ Nutri-Plenty™ meals delivered to the Christian Appalachian Project
- 70,000+ KAH meals delivered to Children’s Lifeline – Haiti
- 57,000 meals delivered to Bethel Ministries International – Guatemala
Welcome to our new website! Our goal is to not only provide you the information you need to learn more about our mission to bring nourishment and hope to children and families worldwide, but also to encourage you to take action. Often we’re asked “What can I do?” The answer is simple. Do something! Recruit a volunteer team. Organize an event. Share a fundraising idea. Get your church, school, business or community organization involved. Our packaging events provide a fun and meaningful way for volunteers of all ages to take action to end hunger.
Our new name, Love the Hungry, is built with you in mind – caring, compassionate people from throughout Kentucky and Southern Indiana that want to help eradicate hunger. As our new brand grows and develops, we value your feedback. Most importantly, we hope to see you at a packaging event soon!Read More