Organize an Event
Love the Hungry packaging events are a fun and meaningful way for volunteers of all ages to help end hunger. By rallying your church, community organization, school, business, youth group, and friends, there’s no limit to the number of meals that can be packaged. Here’s five steps to organize a successful event:
1. Set a date, location and goal for number of meals. Events may be scheduled at the Love the Hungry Packaging Center, 3103 Fern Valley Road – Suite 107, or at your location (a minimum meal total will be required). Most events require two hours or less from start to finish. Multiple shifts may be necessary for larger events.
2. Determine your fundraising needs. At a cost of just 35 cents per meal, Love the Hungry provides everything needed to make your event a success – including ingredients, packaging equipment and supplies, delivery, setup, and volunteer instruction. 50% of the event funding is due 15 days prior to the event, with the balance payable on or before your event date.
3. Recruit Volunteers. Love the Hungry events are family-friendly, fun and meaningful. Volunteers as young as six years old (with adult supervision) may participate. Each packaging line requires 12 volunteers. The size of your event will determine the number of volunteers needed. Online volunteer registration is available through the Love the Hungry website.
4. Select a recipient for the meals. Although our primary focus is to feed starving and malnourished children, the nutritious Love the Hungry meal packs may be provided to families around the world…and throughout Kentucky and Southern Indiana. Through partnerships with Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO’s), our goal is to provide meals to those with the greatest need. Your organization will help determine where the meals are distributed and be able to follow the food to its destination and see the positive impact it is having on the recipients. Recipients may include a growing list of local agencies that are including Love the Hungry meals in their outreach.
5. Celebrate the results. Love the Hungry events produce amazing results in just a couple of hours. Your group will celebrate taking action to end hunger with a practical, hands-on solution. If desired, photos will be available on our website photo gallery and Facebook page.